Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 41: Valkyrie Rising

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine!!
Name: Valkyrie Rising
Author: Ingrid Paulson
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: October 9th, 2012
Add the Book on Goodreads

Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she’ll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she’s there.

What Ellie doesn’t anticipate is Graham’s infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there’s suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it’s up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

Deadly legends, hidden identities, and tentative romance swirl together in one girl’s unexpectedly-epic coming of age.-Goodreads


My Thoughts
This book sounds really interesting!! I really like the mysterious aspect to it..and I really want to know more about these mythological warriors! I also think the cover is very cool..I love the background! I definitely will be checking this book out!!

Well what's your thoughts?? What are you waiting for this week?? Comment below and leave me some links :D

15 comments:

  1. Great pick! I love the cover. It also sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick! I've had my eye on this one, as well. This fall is going to be awesome thanks to all of the great books coming out.

    Thanks for stopping by, and great blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valkyrie Rising sounds like a book I would enjoy and the cover is awsome. I'm going to add it to my reading list on goodreads and shelfari. Great WoW book and thank you for stopping by my Waiting on Wednesday post. Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!! That is so cool it's in Norway! That's like ... here. Almost. x) And yesss it does sound good! I'd never heard of it before. o: I'll definitely have to remember it!

    What I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cover for this!cool pick!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-40-pushing-limits.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this and can't wait to read it either! The cover is amazing. Nice pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh... I haven't heard of this. I really should check it out. Great pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of that one, but I like how the mountains look like wings!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mythological warriors just sounds so different and awesome! I love the modern yet celtic look of the cover. Very cool.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds FABULOUS! I love the mythology mixed in with the romance! And the title is pretty kickass! Definitely adding this one to my to-be read list! Great WOW pick! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds very intriguing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds greeeeat! Thank you so much for sharing, already added it to my TBR pile :D I never heard of a novel taking place in Norway and the mythology does sound really interesting. And of course Tuck will be completely swoon-worthy ;)

    thank you for stopping by my wow :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks really good! The summary reminded me of Angelfire, but that might have just been the name Ellie. Great pick! I hope it's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love me some Valkyries! The cover looks so cool! <3

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!