Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 48: Ashes of Twilight

Hi everyone!! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine.

Name: Ashes of Twilight
Author: Kassy Tayler
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: November 13th, 2012

Add the book on Goodreads

Wren MacAvoy works as a coal miner for a domed city that was constructed in the mid-nineteenth century to protect the royal blood line of England when astronomers spotted a comet on a collision course with Earth. Humanity would be saved by the most groundbreaking technology of the time. But after nearly 200 years of life beneath the dome, society has become complacent and the coal is running out. Plus there are those who wonder, is there life outside the dome or is the world still consumed by fire? When one of Wren's friends escapes the confines of the dome, he is burned alive and put on display as a warning to those seeking to disrupt the dome’s way of life. But Alex’s final words are haunting. “The sky is blue.” 
What happens next is a whirlwind of adventure, romance, conspiracy and the struggle to stay alive in a world where nothing is as it seems. Wren unwittingly becomes a catalyst for a revolution that destroys the dome and the only way to survive might be to embrace what the entire society has feared their entire existence.-Goodreads

My Thoughts
I LOVE the cover of Ashes of Twilight! When I first saw this book the colors really stood out to me and I love how the bird stands out so much against the blue. The plot synopsis of this book also sounds really interesting! I really want to see how people live in this dome and how different the world has changed. I will definitely be checking this book out in the fall!!

What are you waiting for this week? Comment below and let me know :D 

14 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really great read, I can see why you're waiting on it! Here's MY WOW!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh that looks interesting! The cover is just awesomeness!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't heard of this book but it looks and sounds AWESOME!!i love that it's a mix of adventure and romance.

    our WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover, too. The whole "canary in the coal mine" image is so appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one. Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting, great choice!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I've heard of this book - I like the synopsis and cover a lot too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really interesting! Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pick that I am going to have to check out!


    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2102

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds fascinating! New to me books make me so happy. I agree that cover is awesome.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-20-care-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds really intriguing. I'll be marking it to-read. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by earlier! :)

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this cover too! I haven't heard of this one but it sounds good

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!