Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 86: Light (Gone # 6)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine



Name: Light (Gone # 6)
Author: Michael Grant
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: April 2nd, 2013
576 pages
Add the book on Goodreads

It’s been more than a year since every person over the age of fourteen disappeared from the town of Perdido Beach, California. In that time, countless battles have been fought: Battles against hunger and lies and plagues and worse, battles of good against evil, and kid against kid. Allegiances have been won, lost, betrayed, and won again; ideologies have been shattered and created anew, and the kids of the FAYZ have begun to believe that their new society is the only life they’ll ever know. But now that the Darkness has found a way to be reborn, the tenuous existence they‘ve established is likely to be shattered for good. Will the kids of Perdido Beach even survive?

Light, the sixth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Gone series (which has spanned more than 3,000 pages!) asks as many profound and provocative questions as it answers, while bestselling mastermind and author Michael Grant creates an unforgettable, arresting conclusion that readers won’t able to stop talking about.

Goodreads

My Thoughts:
I can't believe that it has already been almost 5 years since the first book in this series came out!  I was hooked from the very first word and these books have quickly become some of my favorites.  I cannot wait for this final book, and I hope that the ending is as good as the beginning!  If you haven't read any of the Gone series you should definitely check these books out (don't let the 6 books spanning "more than 3,000 pages" total scare you - the font is quite big, the pages are small, and the reading is very quick).

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't started this series yet!! I was a bit intimidated by all of the books that are in the series, but if you say they're good - I'll definitely give them a chance.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Haven't read this series either but hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!