Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 103: Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Name: Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned"
Author: Lena Dunham
Publisher: Random House
Release Date: October 10th, 2013
Add the book on Goodreads

On October 8, 2012, Dunham signed a $3.5 million deal with Random House to publish her first book, an essay collection called Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned.
Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Does anyone else absolutely love Lena Dunham? For those of you who don't know who she is, she's a comedian, an actor, a writer, and a director (she does all of those things and more on the HBO show, "Girls")--she's insanely talented and extremely funny.  There's no summary yet for this book, but I've read that it's going to be a book of short stories, describing anecdotes from her life, and well as things that she has "learned."  Even if you don't know who Lena is, you should definitely read this book if you like to laugh, because I guarantee you will laugh.

What are your thoughts? What are you waiting for this week? Let us know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this person. Then again, I don't have HBO, so I am way behind on HBO related news! Still only halfway through season 4 of True Blood!

    Nice pick though! Hope you enjoy this once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, I hadn't heard of this book until today! I don't think it would be something that I would look at twice. But, I'm glad you featured it! Random House has great titles, usually :) Hope you get to read this one soon!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Lena Dunham had a book coming out! But I have to say I'm awfully curious about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!