Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 125: Ruin and Rising

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Name: Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Release Date: June 17th, 2014
Add the book on Goodreads

The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.
Goodreads

My Thoughts:
I picked up the first book in this series a few years ago and really enjoyed both the plot and the writing style. The second book built the tension in the book, albeit in a bit of a predictable way, but I still really liked the book. I can't wait to see what happens in the series's last installment!

What are your thoughts? What are you waiting for this week? Let us know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheee, Ruin and Rising! I'm excited for this one as well! I read Siege and Storm recently (I do it on purpose so I won't forget as much when I go to read the last book), and STURMHOND :D I hope you and love this book!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with the packaging portion, I won't grade the text but will offer louis vuitton outlet some observations. For those wondering about consistency, everything seems to match quite well except for the rolex datejust replica name "Mugear" which was spelled "Mugwar" in the anime. The tone of the dialogue matches the characters appropriately, with the interactions between Ed and Al feeling much like it should. The villagers have swiss replica watches a tinge of a 19th Century frontiersman style of speech to their dialogue that I found quite appropriate and not rolex masterpiece watches overdone. There were a couple of minor grammar mistakes that I noticed, so I hope the editing team gets those ironed out louis vuitton outlet before the actual release. Overall it's very solid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!