Monday, July 18, 2011

Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison Review

Name: Tris and Izzie
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Release Date: October 11th, 2011
304 pages

This book was received from Netgalley!



A modern retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde", Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school-
Goodreads

My Review:
When I first heard about this book, I was immediately drawn to the cover! I loved the boy in the girl on the lake, and the colors were beautiful.

Overall, this was a pretty good book but at times it felt very rushed. I wished that the book went at a slower pace because I felt that I could not really keep up.

I did really like the retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde" and thought that it was interesting to see a modern take on this story.

Overall, Tris and Izzie did not live up to my expectations but still was a fun book to read!

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Never heard of Tristan and Isolde, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot against this book. Nice to see you enjoyed it well enough. :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!