Thursday, August 25, 2011

Catalyst (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 1) by Marc Johnson Review

Name: Catalyst
Publisher: Longshot Publishing
Release Date: March 19th, 2011


For centuries, the kingdom of Alexandria has protected Northern Shala from the monstrous creatures lurking in the Wastelands. Now, a dark force threatens that fragile peace.

Far from home, Alexandria's princess is abducted. When a young villager named Hellsfire stumbles upon her and her captors, he rushes in to rescue her, alone and unarmed. His fear and fury unleash an uncontrollable magical force that grants him the power to save the princess-and change the world.

Hellsfire has never craved nor dreamed of power. But such magic as he now possesses has not been seen in Northern Shala for a thousand years, since the devastation of the War of the Wizards and the creation of the Wastelands.

Now Hellsfire must leave all he's ever known, and make a dangerous journey to learn to master this wild, ferocious power-power he knows he is not ready to wield. More difficult still, he needs to master his emotions. If he can't, the power will consume him, Alexandria will fall, and darkness will eclipse the land, destroying everyone he loves.

In the dead of cold, the spark shall burn..


My Review:


A few weeks ago I received this book from the author to review for my blog and I really enjoyed this book! It had action, adventure and romance! All of the things that I enjoy in a good young adult fantasy novel!

The one thing I did not really enjoy was that the beginning of the book went very slowly and I felt that it was dragging on for too long. But after the beginning, I found myself really enjoying this book!

Overall, I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves young adult fantasy novels!

My Rating:
Four out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!