Friday, August 19, 2011

Everblue (Mer Tales # 1) by Brenda Pandos Review

Name: Everblue
Publisher: Obsidian Mountain Publishing
Release Date: July 30th, 2011


Best friends share everything with each other. Or do they? Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Frances Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Spending time with her best friend Tatiana, dreaming about kissing Tatiana's twin brother Fin, and swimming competitively are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college. But when Tatchi fails to return home after a family emergency, and no one knows where the family has gone, Ash chooses to do something drastic to find them.

Ashlyn is about to discover what she’d thought to be true her whole life, wasn’t, and the truth, too fantastical to imagine. Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, secrets that will change Ashlyn's life forever.
-Goodreads

My Review:
Who doesn't love the cover of this book??! It's gorgeous! That was one of the first things that caught my eye when I first heard about this book.

I really enjoyed this book! It was a great summer beach read! I really liked plot of this story, even though it kind of reminded me of other mermaid books, it was still really different and I enjoyed it!

I also liked the romance between Ash and Fin throughout the novel! I don't want to give anything away but it was nice to see their relationship progress throughout the novel!

The only thing that bothered me was the end. It felt really rushed which I did not love. But nevertheless, I am really excited for the next book in the series!

If you like mermaids and are looking for a summer beach read, check this book out!

My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!