Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt Review

Name: Double Clutch
Release Date: September 6th, 2011

What happens when you fall for the perfect guy...twice...in one day?

Brenna Blixen spent her freshman year homeschooling in Denmark; now that she's back in the States, she's determined to make her sophomore year unforgettable. And by unforgettable, she imagined awesome classes, fun friendships, and maybe a little romance.

What she got was a whole lot of romance, and all at once.

The same day that dark, brooding Saxon Maclean charmed her with his killer good looks and whip-smart wit, Jake Kelly stole her breath away with his heart-wrenching smile and intelligent, thoughtful focus.

But Saxon is a proud player who makes it clear that he doesn't know why he can't get Brenna off of his mind and out of his system, and Jake's sweet and humble attitude hides a secret past life that might be darker and more complex than Brenna is willing to deal with.

Complicating the matter is the fact that Saxon and Jake were once best friends and are now arch-enemies...and the more Brenna finds out about their connection to each other, the more intrigued and worried she becomes.

Between keeping the peace with her lovingly over-protective parents, designing t-shirts for her high school's rising punk band, keeping up her grades in classes split between academic and technical high school, and running the track like a maniac, Brenna has enough to worry about with out juggling two guys who make her heart thud and drive her crazy all at once.

She has to make a choice, but how is she supposed to do that when giving her heart to one of them might mean breaking the other's?

Recommended Age Group: Older YA-
Goodreads

My Review:
Right when I started Double Clutch I was immediately hooked! I really enjoyed seeing Breena balance her school life and social life because many teenagers have to go through this challenge as well!
I also really liked seeing Breena's relationship with Saxon and Jake during the novel. It was interesting to see her react with two different boys, who were once best friends, and figure out what happened between them.
Also, seeing her with a "bad boy" and a reformed "good boy" was awesome! Elizabeth handled this perfectly and it was really awesome to see it come out!
I loved seeing Breena's relationship with her parents. Her parents and Breena are so close knit and adorable and I loved reading scenes where they were together!

One of the best parts of the novel was seeing Breena progress as a character. I felt that at the beginning of the novel she is somewhat naive and innocent. But as the novel progresses she becomes this strong, independent teenager.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves contemporary novels!!
Thanks to Liz Reinhardt for letting me review this awesome book!!

My Rating:
Five out of Five Stars

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, did anyone ever tell you how awesome you are?! Thank you for agreeing to read/review my book and thank you for saying everything I always hoped someone would say about it! You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really good book! I'll definitely go check it out. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double Clutch sounds awesome. It's on my wish list. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love reading about indie books that are great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!