Monday, April 9, 2012

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen Review

Name: The Fine Art of Truth or Dare
Author: Melissa Jensen
Publisher: Speak
Release Date: February 16th, 2012
Format: Library Book
Buy the book on Amazon

Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming romantic comedy

Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that's just fine by her. She's got her friends - the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She's got her art - and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it's hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they're dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?
-Goodreads

My Review:
What a fun contemporary read! I was really in the mood to read something that was fun and uplifting and The Fine Art of Truth or Dare was the perfect choice!!

I really enjoyed the plot of this book! Of course it has it's cliche romance moments but I really liked how Melissa Jensen made it into her own-from Ella's crazy and loud family to Ella's love for Edward Willing-this book definitely stood out! I'm also a fan of all the art references in this book! I am in art history right now in school so I definitely appreciated Ella's love for art :)

I also really liked the main character, Ella! She is a really shy, insecure girl at certain moments, but as the novel progresses she really grows as a character and breaks out of her shell! I also loved the the relationship that she has with Alex..especially when they speak French! (even though I really don't know any French I think it's such a romantic language and of course it reminds me of Anna and The French Kiss!!) Anyways..Alex is such a sweet boy and he really helps Ella find herself and their chemistry really was perfect!

Overall, this was a really fun contemporary romance! If you are looking for a fun, contemporary read look no further and pick this book up!!


My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

5 comments:

  1. I have the book and I'm looking forward to reading it! Thanks for sharing your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like a good read. Great review Sarah. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a heroine who has a thing for art? I'm definitely in! <3 I have this book on my bookshelf and your review makes me eager to read it now! Amazing review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the lookout for some fun contemporary romance and this sounds like just the thing! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually like most contemporary novels but this one sounds really nice! After your review I'm thinking about giving this one a chance :)

    great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!