Monday, April 30, 2012

Silence by Michelle Sagara West Review

Name: Silence 
Author: Michelle Sagara West
Publisher: DAW
Release Date: May 1st, 2012
Format: ARC Copy
Pre-Order the Book on Amazon
Thank you DAW and Penguin for sending me an ARC copy of this book!! 

“It began in the graveyard. Ever since her boyfriend Nathan died in a tragic accident Emma had been coming to the graveyard at night. During the day she went through the motions at her prep school, in class, with her friends, but that’s all it was. But tonight was different. Tonight Emma and her dog were not alone in the cemetery. There were two others there—Eric, who had just started at her school, and an ancient woman who looked as though she were made of rags. And when they saw Emma there, the old woman reached out to her with a grip as chilling as death…."-Goodreads 

My Review:
Overall, I really liked Silence!! At first I wasn't really sure what to expect because I haven't really read any books with ghosts in them and the ones that I did end up reading about ghosts I didn't like. Silence, however, totally blew away my expectations and I enjoyed this book!

One of my favorite parts about Silence definitely was the plot. It was interesting to learn about necromancy and the whole mythology behind it. Michelle Sagara West does a really great job of keeping the reader on his/her toes and keeping the book at a great pace! The book starts right into the action which I really loved.

That being said, while I did really enjoy the plot of this book, I found myself still a little bit confused by the whole necromancy aspect. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of ghosts that I didn't really understand? While I definitely liked reading more about necromancy in this book I wish that it was a little bit clearer to the reader!
 
Overall, I enjoyed Silence! While I was a little bit confused at certain parts I did still really enjoy this book. If you are a fan of books with necromancy and ghosts then this is the book for you!!
 
My Rating: Three out of Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book since I saw it in your IMM post. I'm so glad you liked it. I can't wait to check it out for myself. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it atleast.this has been on my wishlist ever since I seen that cover and synopsis. Great review Sarah. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!