Monday, April 2, 2012

A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink Review

Name: A Temptation of Angels
Author: Michelle Zink
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Release Date: March 20th, 2012
Buy it on Amazon

Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance...

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.
-Goodreads

My Review:
When I first heard about this book I was so excited!! It sounded really intriguing and I loved how it takes place in London during the late 1800s. Unfortunately A Temptation of Angels didn't live up to my high expectations and I didn't love this book as much as I thought I would.

One of the main issues that I had with this book was that I was so confused! I wish the angel mythology was explained a little bit better because I found that I was really lost! I thought the overall plot premise was really great and interesting..but a little bit more clarification would have been helpful!

I did really like the characters in A Temptation of Angels, especially Helen! Michelle Zink did a really great job of describing different scenes and characters which I enjoyed reading about. This book was beautifully written which is always a bonus to a paranormal romance book.

Overall, this book wasn't really for me but I recommend that if you are looking for an angel book you should check this one out! That being said..I still will check out the next book in the series!

My Rating: Three out of Five Stars

3 comments:

  1. I dont think I will like this book so much, I have been seeing lots of bad things about this book. Ill probably pass this book for now. Great review Sarah x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this book a series? I didn't like it either because the lack of world-building. I also don't like love triangles and Helen got on my nerves a little, but the plot was good and I really liked her writing style!

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read the summary above, I was like "Oh this sounds so interesting!" and then I got to your review and now I'm like "I think I can pass this one..." haha Thank you for your review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!