Friday, April 6, 2012

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1) by Jennifer Estep Review

Name: Touch of Frost
Author: Jennifer Estep
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corp.
Release Date: August 1st, 2011
Source: Local Library
Buy the book on Amazon

My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy—a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.


But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .-Goodreads

My Review:
What a really fun read! I've had my eye on this book for awhile but I never got around to getting it from the library till last week!! I'm so glad I picked this one up to read!

One of my favorite parts about this book was the plot/mythology! I really liked how Jennifer Estep blended different mythologies together and made them all important instead of just focusing on one. I also really enjoyed how the plot wasn't too slow or too fast..and it kept me on my toes! I never knew what to expect and when I thought something might be happening something else happened instead which made me really like this book even more!! Also, I'm glad that this first book didn't really focus a lot on romance and instead gave the reader a better background of the different mythologies and mythos academy school.

I also really liked the main character, Gwen (otherwise known as Gypsy Girl)! She was a really great heroine in the story and I really liked her progression throughout the novel. She definitely is a relatable character which I really liked and I liked how she never changed who she was for anyone!

Overall, I really liked Touch of Frost and I look forward to reading the next book in the series!! If you like mythologies/boarding schools with paranormal aspects to it then you should definitely check this one out!!


My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. glad you liked this book, I have the two books in the series and I just started reading this one last week but I had to stop because I had some arc's to read but I will get back to this one again, it was good. Great review Sarah. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mythology freak, so I bought Touch of Frost awhile back, but I just never got around to reading it. I read the short prequel, I forgot what it's called, and I liked it. I know you said it blends mythology, but which mythologies does it blend? Greek? Roman? (which are basically the same thing anyway, just different names)

    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!