Monday, April 23, 2012

Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker Review

Name: Unbreak My Heart 
Author: Melissa C. Walker
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Release Date: May 22nd, 2012
Format: E-Book ARC
Pre-Order the book on Amazon
Thank you Bloomsbury and Netgalley for sending me an ARC copy to review!!

Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart? Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.-Goodreads

My Review:
When I received this book to review last week..I was actually away on a beach vacation with my family and I was itching to read a contemporary/summer read!! Luckily, this book definitely didn't disappoint and is the perfect summer beach read.

One of my favorite parts about this book was the setting! I really enjoyed reading about Clementine's journey on the boat and how relaxing it was. I also liked how Melissa Walker was able to go into detail about the event that broke Clementine's heart and showing flashbacks of what happened, instead of just telling the reader.

I really liked seeing Clementine progress throughout the novel. At the beginning of the book she is a depressed teenager, but by the end she has fallen in love again and is able to pull herself and become the independent girl that she is. I really liked the romance in this book but I wish that there was more of it! The only complaint I have would be that this book does end kind of leave things unresolved, and I wasn't 100 percent satisfied by the end.

Overall, I really enjoyed Unbreak My Heart and I thought it was a great beach read! If you are looking for something light and fun to read this summer check this book out!!

My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

5 comments:

  1. this sounds like a great summer read, so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good summer read, but not up my alley. It seems like a book I'd read for class or just a day on the beach if I'm not reading something else more important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun book! I may have to read this one this summer. :)

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I'll have to bump this up in my TBR pile! <3
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an amazing summer read! This year I'm unfortunately stuck inland so no beaches...Maybe this could cure my longing for sand between my toes and large bodies of salt water?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!