Friday, April 27, 2012

Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum Review

Name: Until I Die (Revenants #2) 
Author: Amy Plum
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Release Date: May 8th, 2012
Format: E-Book ARC
Pre-Order the Book on Amazon
Thank you HaperCollins Publishers and Edelweiss for sending me a copy of Until I Die for review!!

Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love. As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy. In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.-Goodreads

My Review:
Until I Die, the second book in Revenants series, definitely didn't disappoint and was a really great followup to Die For Me!!

One of my favorite parts of this book really was the plot. Amy Plum kept the book at a really great pace..not too slow but not too fast which I really liked. Of course, Until I Die kept me on the edge of my seat and there were many moments that I did not see coming..which really made this book stand out to me (in a good way!!). What I really loved about Until I Die in particular was that while it has actions scenes and goes more into the mythology of the revenants, it doesn't stray away from the romance between Kate and Vincent, which really is the heart of the series. I really enjoyed seeing their relationship progress throughout the book and I can't wait to see what's in store for them next.

It was also really interesting to see Kate grow as a character. As a reader, we can really see her growth from the first book in the series to this book. She really has become a more independent girl and has come out of her shell. The setting of this book (which is France) captivated me from the first day that I started this series. I love reading about the different sites in Paris and France, and also learning some French history as well.

Overall, Until I Die, is a really great follow up to an awesome series!! This book definitely would disappoint to fans of the series, and if you haven't checked this series out you really should do so!!

My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful review(;

    I can't wait to get started reading my arc. I finished the first book last month and loved it(;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with everything you said on your review, Sarah! I just finished this book and the ending made me dying to read If I Should Die!

    Awesome review, Sarah! ♥ So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific review, Sarah!

    I've got an award for you on my blog!

    http://www.theliterarylioness.com/2012/04/ive-won-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm so glad you loved it. The ending was heartbreaking. I can't wait for the third book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed this book, I never was able to finish the first book, but I think ill have a try again. Great review Sarah. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I immediately fell in love with Amy's characters, their unique history and the beautiful setting, Paris. With Until I Die, I was pleasantly surprised with how Amy was able to take those things and build upon them even more. She created characters that grew stronger, she allowed her secondary characters to shine more in this book and she allowed me to see how they all interact together given the situations that arose in this plot line. One of those characters is Kate's sister, Georgia. I loved her in this book, and I've enjoyed seeing how Kate and Georgia have become closer as the series has progressed. Amy changes things up a bit with her introductions of the two new characters who add a mix of uncertainty, old school Revenants flare, and a bit of intrigue to an already out standing cast of characters. They definitely put me on a guard a bit, but Amy does a wonderful job at weaving them into this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I glad i read this one because i wasn't sure about the first book! But i really like this one so i will definitely will be reading the next one!

    Irene (Paydirt in Alaska)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!