Sunday, May 6, 2012

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen Review

Name: The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)
Author:
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: April 1st, 2012
Format: Library Book
Buy the book on Amazon

THE FALSE PRINCE is the thrilling first book in a brand-new trilogy filled with danger and deceit and hidden identities that will have readers rushing breathlessly to the end.

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point -- he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well. 

As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together. 

An extraordinary adventure filled with danger and action, lies and deadly truths that will have readers clinging to the edge of their seats.-Goodreads

My Review:
The False Prince has become the best book I have read this year..once I started it I could not put this book down! At first, I wasn't sure how much I would like this book...I'm not a huge fan of all out fantasy types of books, but four hours later, I couldn't believe that I didn't pick this book up sooner.

One of my favorite parts about the book was the plot!


6 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! I adore adore ADORE YA fantasy literature, and this book sounds just like my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review ! I'm not really familiar with this story but after reading the synopsis and your review I'm really curious. I also have a thing for male POVs now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic. I love when all the little things add up to big things at the end too. Endings that are totally set up, but that you didn't see coming are the BEST! I have got to read this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy, I LOVE fantasy books but I have not heard much about this one. I know I've seen the cover a lot, but I hadn't heard much about the story. And it sounds so good!
    "Another thing that is so great about the plot of this book is that certain details, while at first don't seem very important, end up playing a HUGE role towards the end of the book!"
    Yes, THAT! I LOVE that in a book! I'm definitely going to have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is also probably my favorite book of the year thus far. I agree about the details being such a big deal. This has great action and great dialogue. An incredible book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article
    post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
    My web blog : playgrounds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!