Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Lost Code (The Atlanteans #1) by Kevin Emerson Review

Name: The Lost Code (The Atlanteans # 1)
Author: Kevin Emerson
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Release Date: May 22nd, 2012
Format: E-Book ARC
Pre-Order the book on Amazon
Thank you Edelweiss and HarperCollins for sending me a copy of The Lost Code for review!!

WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND. 

The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history. No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process. Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary.-Goodreads

My Review:
I haven't really read many books about Earth in the future so I was a little bit hesitant about giving this book a try. Overall, I really liked The Lost Code! It was a rough start at first, but once I got more into it I enjoyed this book a lot more.

One of the best parts about this book was the plot! Kevin Emerson does a really great job of explaining what has happened to Earth and how people are living now. I also really liked the whole Atlantis concept that was brought into this book! I wish that the book focused a little bit more on that aspect but it was still really interesting to see how it will fit into the rest of the series! One of the problems I had with the start of this book though was that it was really slow. While I really liked the explanations of certain things, some scenes were really dragged out and at times it felt like scenes were never ending. Once the plot picked up, however, I really enjoyed reading the different actions scenes and such!

The main character, Owen, definitely was interesting. I wasn't really sure what to think of him at first, but as the book progressed I really started to like him! He really is a great guy and isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes or to question why things are happening! He is also willing to do anything to help the people he loves!!

In the end, I liked The Lost Code. I do wish that some parts were explained a little bit better and that their were more action scenes. I would check this book out if you are a fan of dystopian novels!

My Rating: Three out of Five Stars

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! I think I've seen this book around the blogosphere before. I wasn't quite interested in reading the book but after reading your review, I'm intrigued!

    Awesome review, Sarah! <3 Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good review. Not quite sure if this would make my list however i might get it from the library if its available.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really been sure what to think of THE LOST CODE after reading its summary, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! Nonetheless I don't think I'll be adding this to my to-read list anytime soon... it just doesn't sound like my kind of read. Thanks a lot for sharing though! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, sounds much better than I imagined it being! *heads off to wishlist*

    =^.^= ComaCalm's Corner =^.^=

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!