Monday, June 25, 2012

Author Interview with Brenda Pandos!

Hi everyone! Today I have the lovely Brenda Pandos for an author interview in honor of her release of Evergeen (Which comes out June 29th!).
 
Can you tell us a little about your novel, Evergreen?
Evergreen swirls around treachery, greed, and the binding mer kiss that will leave readers treading water. All Ash and Fin want is to dive into their happily ever after, but due to circumstances they can’t control, they are separated and on different coasts. As their worlds try hard to keep them apart, they fight to be together once again. But when the time comes to choose humanity or the mer for either of them, they struggle deciding which will convert. But a secret lies deep in the heart of Natatoria, and if it’s unearthed, their love will be put to the ultimate test.


What is your favorite part of the writing process?

Storytelling for me is a huge puzzle and bridging scene to scene is my favorite part. I love finding that awesome element that pushes things forward and makes things all that much harder for my characters to overcome. My husband says I write my stories one shower at a time. I think being alone with the hot water pelting on my scalp allows the craziest plot twists to surface.

Where did you get the idea for this series?

I’ve been in love with mermaids since Splash and The Little Mermaid. I even sewed myself a tail from one of my mother’s coral nightgowns when 14 and swam with it in Lake Tahoe one summer. I’ve always been curious about underwater monster lore, and wondered if it was a “cover” for something else. And who better to tell the story than a cute land-loving merman who lived next door, fancies baseball hats, and drives a Jeep.


I know Evergreen is the second book of many in this series, how many books are you thinking of writing for the mer tales?

The next book Everlost will be told from Tatchi’s perspective. After that I’m not sure, but I’m bound to have another. We’ll see what the characters tell me. But don’t think you’ve got the plot figured out from the title. *sands hands greedily* You know how I love to twist words around.


Last question…if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

Anywhere with a cool breeze, a warm ocean nearby, a tropical drink, my wonderful boys playing happily in the sand, hubby by my side, and sunshine. After this writing escapade, I’m due for a vacation!

Make sure to check out Evergreen which comes out Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview. I'm collecting mermaid titles so I can drown myself in them all at once. (Get it? 'Drown'?) Anyway, thanks for sharing this one. I'll put it on my list! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!