Sunday, October 21, 2012

Elixir (Covenant # 3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: November 27th, 2012
Format: Ebook
Buy the book on Amazon
80 pages

Summary:
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.

Goodreads

My Review:

I was absolutely thrilled when I found Elixir on Jennifer Armentrout's blog a little over a week ago.  I was not expecting this novella for at least another month and receiving it early, not to mention for free, made me want to jump up and down and squeal in happiness.  However, I can safely say that I did not want to jump up and down and squeal in happiness as much then as I did after I finished reading it!

Just a quick disclaimer: do not read this novella if you have not already read Deity!  It has major spoilers and starts off right after the third book's cliffhanger ending.  That being said, I do not want to ruin the plot for anyone, but I absolutely loved how this little novella explained the events that transpired after Deity's cliffhanger!  I have been dying to know what happened and this is exactly what I have been waiting for.  I do wish, however, that it had been longer than 80 pages, but 80 pages of plot from JLA is still better than many other books I've read!

I also loved how it was in Aiden's point of view!  I feel as if I had already known Aiden so well because Alex sees him through a very shrewd lens, but it was still awesome to be inside of his head, especially in this difficult time.  No matter what happens throughout the series, it is evident that he loves Alex with all of his heart and will do anything he needs to - even if it means risking himself, both physically and mentally - to make sure that Alex is kept safe.

This novella was an excellent, quick read and I am so happy that I was able to read it so soon.  Fans of the Covenant series will love this little insight into Aiden's mind and this glimpse into what happens after Deity's major cliffhanger.  After reading this, I don't think it's physically possible for me to wait until April for the next book, Apollyon, to come out.  Everyone should definitely check out this book right after reading Deity, and if you haven't already read this series, then you definitely should - I promise you won't regret starting it now!

My Rating:
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh awesome! I came a day late to the game to get this! The website JLA's blog linked to took it down since it was so spoilery and people obviously did not read that this is novella 3.5. So now I am waiting for it to release officially so I can read it! Deity ended on such a cliffhanger that even a little taste of the story continuing is going to be much appreciated!

    Cannot wait! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!