Friday, January 27, 2012

The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams Review

Name: The International Kissing Club
Author: Ivy Adams
Publisher: Walker & Company
Release Date: January 3rd, 2012
Buy The Book: Amazon
400 pages

Piper, Cassidy, Mei, and Izzy have been best friends their whole lives. And they've always agreed on one goal: to get out of tiny Paris, Texas, and see the world. The school's foreign exchange program seems like the perfect escape: Piper will go to the original Paris; Mei will go to China; Cassidy will go to Australia; and Izzy, unable to afford the program, will stay at home. To add spice to their semester away, and to stay connected to their best friends, the girls start The International Kissing Club, a Facebook page where they can anonymously update one another and brag about all the amazing guys they're meeting. After all, these girls are traveling abroad: amazing guys abound at every turn! But sometimes fun, flirty vacation flings turn into more serious romances, and sometimes you don't return from abroad the same person you were. Will the girls' relationships-and their friendships-be able to survive?-Goodreads

My Review:
What a really fun read!! When I first got this book from the library..I wasn't sure what to expect! But the concept of this novel sounded awesome so I had to give this one a try.
What I really liked about this book was that it rotated chapters between all four girls..so it was nice to see all of their different perspectives on their travels instead of just seeing one of the girl's thoughts. I also really liked the travel aspect of this book..who doesn't want to go abroad to study? I know I do!!
 
Out of all of the girls I really liked Cassidy and thought I could really relate to her. At first, leaving home was hard for her but in the end she really loved her time in Australia and she found love along the way with an amazing Australian boy :).

I really liked the over all plot of this book..it was a very original contemporary book and overall I really liked the overall concept of friendship, travel, and falling in love!!

The only thing I didn't really love about this book was the subplot with Izzy..while she redeemed herself in the last chapter it was really hard for me to connect with her.


Overall, if you are looking for a fun, contemporary read definitely give this book a try :)


My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. I really really want to read this book! I love the title plus really curious of the story! I love contemporary as well so this might be just my cup of tea! Thank you for the awesome review, Sarah!♥

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!