Monday, March 26, 2012

Destined by Aprilynne Pike Review

Name: Destined
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: May 1st, 2012
Pre-Order the Book on Amazon
Thank you Harper Teen for sending me an ARC copy of this book!!

Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and she is working with Klea to conquer and destroy Avalon. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares for a fight she never thought she would have to face.
Filled with heart-pounding action, sweeping romance, and higher stakes at every turn, Destined is the series conclusion that readers have been clamoring for—with a twist that will leave them breathless.
Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to touch her hair behind her ear. He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching.
She hated how much it felt like good-bye.-Goodreads

My Review:
What a great ending to a really fun series!! This book definitely was jamb packed with action and did not disappoint! Destined starts us off right into the action, which I really liked! One of my favorite parts about this book was that I never knew what was coming next! Aprilynne Pike really kept me on my toes and I really liked that about this book!! I also really liked how this one was a little bit more fast paced and not too slow/dragged out. Sometimes the last book in a series can be really long and can go on forever, but that didn't happen with Destined at all!!

Another part of this book that I enjoyed was the romance between Laurel and Tamani! I really loved seeing their relationship progress through the last three books and it was great to see it go on in this book. I don't want to give away and spoilers but I will say I am happy with the ending!

The only complaint I have with this book is that I got a little bit confused by all the characters..at times it was hard to tell who was who!

Overall, I enjoyed Destined and if you are a fan of the series this one won't disappoint!!

My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I havent heard of this series yet and it does sound so good, I love happy endings :)) Ill definitely add this on my goodreads list. thanks SArah <3 Great review.x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book! I've read all previous three and loved them... I'm Team Tamani so fingers-crossed she ends up with him! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made me want to check this out too. its a series. this is which in the series. Happy you enjoyed the novel.
    http"//sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god. I just read your review and it's really good, I'm team Tamani from the beginning so I really, really wish she chooses him.
    (I'm french so I'm sorry for my bad english)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH. I am sooo excited to be finally able to read this book! I still have to wait, because my library is backed up in holds from the May 8th releases. But I'm so excited! I'm also for Tamani, so I hope that's the choice Laurel makes! Thanks so much for the review!

    Alyssa Susanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!