Friday, March 9, 2012

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington Review

Thank you Sourcebooks Fire for sending me an ARC copy of Embrace!!


Name: Embrace
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: March 6th, 2012
Buy the Book on Amazon

It starts with a whisper: “It’s time for you to know who you are…”


Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before.
Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.
A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…-Goodreads 

My Review:
Before reading this book, I heard really great things about it from my Australian blogger friends (where the book was published a lot earlier then the US) so I was SO excited when Embrace came for me in the mail!

Once I started Embrace, I could not put it down! I was sucked into the mythology and the plot and I really want to see what happened next! I have read a lot of different angels books, and this one really stood out to me. It was fun to read and learn about how the angel mythology worked in this book and how different it was from other Angel books I have read.


One of my favorite parts about this book was the main character, Violet! It was interesting to read about her development as a character and to see her progress throughout the novel. She is a really strong willed and independent character and of course I love seeing that in ya books. There were definitely some moments where I was cheering for her and some moments where I was questioning what she was doing. These types of characters are always my favorite-they always keep me guessing and I really loved that about Violet! I never knew what she would do next!

Of course I really liked the plot of Embrace! It was really original and fast paced..but it wasn't hard to keep up! I also liked how Jessica Shirvington really kept the reader guessing..there were many moments in Embrace that I didn't see coming!!

I also really liked reading about Phoenix and Lincoln-both completely opposite boys, but they both care for our main heroine-Violet. It was fun to read scenes of both boys and I could decide which one I liked better :)

Overall, I highly recommend reading Embrace! If you are looking for a fun paranormal ya book or want to read a new book with angels in it..check this book out!!

My Rating: Five out of Five Stars

Don't forget to check out my Embrace Guest Post done by the author Jessica Shirvington!

4 comments:

  1. Eep Ive been seeing this book alot lately and I thought thats a pretty cover and that synops is really intriguing, lets also add up your review and Im craving for it now! AWesome review, cant wait to lay my hands on this beauty.

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad you liked it so much. o: I'm SUPER curious about it, since I keep hearing (mainly) awesome things about it and after some great interviews and guest posts I can't wait to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAAAH! Sarah, this sounds AMAZING! FABULOUS review! Violet sounds amazing. I love characters that surprise me, and keep my guessing, so you've totally just sold me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing a lot of great things about this one! I'll definitely have to pick up a copy soon. I haven't read much paranormal lately but maybe this is the book that will get me back into it. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!