Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter Review

Thank you Harlequin Teen and Netgalley for giving me an ARC copy of Goddess Interrupted!!

Name: Goddess Interrupted
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: March 27th, 2012
Pre-Order it on Amazon

Kate Winters has won immortality.
But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.
-Goodreads

My Review:
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I picked up Goddess Interrupted. After being blown away by The Goddess Test, I was really excited about reading this one..but I was a little bit nervous about not loving it as much as the first! Of course this book definitely didn't disappoint and immediately I was drawn into the story!

One of my favorite parts of Goddess Interrupted was the plot! It was very action packed and there were definitely no dull moments for sure! The introduction of Persephone was also fun to read about as well. After learning so much about her from the previous book, I was hoping we would finally be able to meet her! I really liked reading the scenes that Persephone was in and seeing her interact with Kate also was really fun to read about!

Of course this book made me like the main character, Kate, even more! She really shined as a character for me and I really enjoyed seeing her progress as a character throughout this book (and through the first one!). She is really willing to fight for what she believes in and is never willing to give up!

The only part of this book that disappointed me was Kate's relationship with Henry. I really thought that they would have more scenes together and we would be able to see their relationship grow, but sadly that didn't really happen towards the end of the book. I really wished that we could have seen more of Henry in this book..especially with Kate! There were definitely some moments where I was really frustrated with Henry..especially for the lack of relationship he had with Kate..but by the end things had turned around and my feelings of frustration drifted away :)

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend The Goddess Test series..especially if you love greek mythology!! I can't wait for the next book in the series..especially with the awesome cliffhanger we were left with at the end!


My Rating: Four out of Five Stars

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful review. I feel the same way about wanting to see more Henry with Kate. He was kind of a jerk till the end. I also can NOT wait for the third book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, cant wait to get started with this book, atleast now I know that i wouldnt be disappointed atleast with the whole concept.. sad that Henry and Kate's rel didnt have any develpments at all, but still I loved the first book and I am still going to read this no matter what. thansk for the awesome review Sarah.x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the goddess test too. I am super excited to read the sequel and im happy to hear that you thought the plot was action packed and that you really liked the book.

    Thanks for the great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY must read this series soon, I hear such amazing things about it! It's great when the second book avoids "middle book syndrome" and actually lives up to the first one. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the first book so I'm definitely interested to read this one and see how everything plays out. I'm glad to hear Kate progresses more as a character. Kate and Henry's relationship or lack of one kind of irritated me in the first book so hopefully by the end of this one I'll like them as a couple a bit more. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YAY! This is next up for me and now I'm super excited.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read all of them & I haven't read this one,yet. I was a bit scared, but you reassured me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!