Sunday, March 4, 2012

Legacy by Molly Cochran Review

Name: Legacy
Author: Molly Cochran
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: December 20th, 2011
Buy the book on Amazon

When her widowed father dumps 16-year-old Katy Jessevar in a boarding school in Whitfield, Massachusetts, she has no idea that fate has just opened the door to both her future and her past. Nearly everyone in Whitfield is a witch, as is Katy herself, although she has struggled all her life to hide her unusual talents. Stuck at a boarding school where her fellow students seem to despise her, Katy soon discovers that Whitfield is the place where her mother committed suicide under mysterious circumstances when Katy was just a small child. With dark forces converging on Whitfield, it's up to Katy to unravel her family's many secrets to save the boy she loves and the town itself from destruction.-Goodreads

My Review:
At first, I wasn't sure how much I was going to like this book. I haven't really read any books about witches/boarding school because I really wanted to try new books but it was fun to go back to a genre that I did read a lot.
Overall, I really enjoyed Legacy. Certain parts of this book were kind of confusing for me and I found myself having to go back to previous parts in the book to try and figure out what was going on.

One of my favorite parts about this book was the plot. Like I said above, certain parts were confusing to me but the plot was very original and I really enjoyed reading about the different characters in this book.

I really enjoyed the main character, Katy, as well. It was fun to see her character develop throughout the novel and I really liked the way she progressed throughout this book.

If you are looking for a book that has magic/boarding schools you should check this one out!!

My Rating: Three out of Five Stars
 

4 comments:

  1. Hm, I've never heard of this book before. The magical boarding school thing has been done so many times, so I'm glad to hear that this one is unique. Just added it to my wish list. :)

    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories based around a boarding school - I really don't know why! Thanks for sharing, great review! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real boarding schools like this can be "magical" too haha. But this does sound like an awesome book - one that can stand out in a somewhat overdone genre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have not read a book about witches but I love books based on boarding school. Legacy sounds like a good book but I'm not planning to pick it up anytime soon. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!