Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 38: Violins of Autumn

Hi everyone!! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine!!

Name: Violins of Autumn
Author: Amy McAuley
Publisher: Walker & Company
Release Date: June 19th, 2012
Add it on Goodreads

When the Germans begin bombing London in World War II, Betty is determined to do her part. Instead of running air raid drills like most girls her age, she lies about her age and trains to become a spy. Now known by her secret agent persona, Adele Blanchard, she finds herself parachuting over German-occupied France under the cover of darkness to join the secret Resistance movement. Prepared to die for her cause, Adele wasn’t expecting to make a new best friend in her fellow agent or fall for a handsome American pilot. With the brutality of war ever present, can Adele dare to dream of a future where the world is at peace and she is free to live and love of her own accord? -Goodreads

My Thoughts:
 The first thing that caught my eye of the Violins of Autumn was the cover!! It's so pretty!! I really like the swirling colors in the background. The plot of this book sounds really interesting too..I love historical fiction books and this one sounds awesome because the main character is a spy! Can't wait to check this one out :)

Well what are you waiting for this week?? What do you think of my choice?? Comment below!!

11 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic and my kind of book! Thanks for introducing me to it!
    I'm am waiting impatiently for the golden lily by Richelle Mead this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of historical fiction, but the genre seems to be well-loved by my fellow bloggers, I may have to give it another shot!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) just popping in... sounds great! I love woman spy novels, great choice :D

    Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sounds of this!! History is always a win!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-37-such-rush-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this sounds good, i have a thing for historical, so ill add this one, thanks sarah, x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of that one! Sounds interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the cover is really pretty too! Also YES to spies.

    Novel Sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the title and the protagonist being a spy sounds so cool! Great pick!! I'm a new LinkyFollower! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow wow wow wow wow! The cover is gorgeous, but it sounds amazing, too! It looks like you've really been getting into historical, of late? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know!! I now have been secretly trying to find more historical paranormal books to read..they are so fun :D

      Delete
  10. Ooo, tall, handsome pilots? Tell me more! :D This one sounds pretty intriguing, and I love the idea of a spy as the main character. Thanks for whetting my appetite for this, Sarah. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!