Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 99: The Brokenhearted



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Name: The Brokenhearted 
Author: Amelia Kahaney
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: October 8th, 2013
Add the book on Goodreads
320 pages

A teenage girl is transformed into a reluctant superhero and must balance her old life with the dark secret of who she has become.

Prima ballerina Anthem Fleet is closely guarded by her parents in their penthouse apartment. But when she meets the handsome Gavin at a party on the wrong side of town, she is immediately drawn into his dangerous world. Then, in a tragic accident, Anthem falls to her death. She awakes in an underground lab, with a bionic heart ticking in her chest. As she navigates her new life, she uncovers the sinister truth behind those she trusted the most, and the chilling secret of her family lineage…and her duty to uphold it.
The Dark Knight meets Cinder in this gripping and cinematic story of heartbreak and revenge. From Alloy Entertainment, this inventive new superhero story is sure to captivate any reader.
Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Ooh this one sounds so good!! It reminds me a lot like Iron Man (which is one of my favorite movie series!). I'm interested to learn more about Anthem Fleet and the tragic accident that changes her life. I will definitely be checking this one out in the fall! 
What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Sounds intriguing! Have been seeing this one quite a bit lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! Looks like a good book to look for. I like the book cover too!

    Ann@Blogging E-books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have this one! From Edelweiss - I got it in February or March. I still need to read it though. I'm buckling down and reading all of the review books of 2013 that I have in the next month.

    That's like, 40 books! But I have to, before I start college life lol :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!