Monday, November 14, 2011

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls # 2) by C.C. Hunter Review

Name: Awake at Dawn
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: October 11th, 2011
400 Pages

Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities. But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold.

To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away. When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point. Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...
-Goodreads


My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! It wasn't amazing as the first book in the series but I still had fun reading this!
One of the best parts about this book was seeing Kylie start to figure out who she is! During the last book, I was on the edge of my seat because I could not figure out what Kylie was! It's really interesting to see her go through different changes in this book!

One part of this book that I did not love was the love triangle that is sort of happening. Most of the time I am not bothered by love triangles, but for some reason I just did not like how this worked in this book. One minute she was pining for Derek and then she was thinking about Lucas! I just wished that she would focus more on one boy then thinking about both, but that's not how love triangles work :)

I also really enjoyed seeing Kylie grow as a character! In the first book in this series, we really got to know her and as a reader I wasn't sure what to make of her! I liked seeing her become more independent in this book!

Overall, I enjoyed this book! Not as great as the first but I am still looking forward to the next book in the series!


My rating:
Four out of Five Stars

1 comment:

  1. Until now i still dont know what she is, I really hope it will be revealed in the third book, I love this series. Great review.

    ♥Ficbookreviews♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!