Sunday, June 2, 2013

Losing It (Losing It # 1) by Cora Carmack Review


Name: Losing It (Losing It # 1)
Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Release Date: October 15th, 2012
Format: E-book
Buy the book on Amazon
204 pages

Summary:
Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

Goodreads

My Review:

I've recently been trying to get more into New Adult books, and what a great book to get me more into this genre.  Losing It was not only smart and sexy like most NA books, but it was also hilarious, witty, and just downright adorable.

Bliss, the main character, was one of my favorite parts of the book.  Her inner dialogue kept me laughing the whole book, even when the plot began to edge a little bit towards corny.  The other exciting part of this book, was, of course, Garrick, Bliss's British theatre professor and obvious love interest.  Sweet, sexy, and caring as he was, Garrick made the book even more enjoyable to read, especially during the scenes when he was just head over heels (and shirt over head) for Bliss.

One small qualm I held with this book was its predictability.  While this book was certainly a cute, fun read, I would have loved for a curve ball or two to be thrown into the novel, just to make it even more interesting. For instance, I was waiting for someone to walk in on Bliss and Garrick during a moment of weakness, exposing their relationship: after all, should it really be that simple for a professor and a student to hold a relationship without anyone finding out?

However, those small issues aside, I really enjoyed Losing It.  The writing was fresh, the dialogue was witty and entertaining, and the epilogue made my heart melt.  A great quick, fun read for anyone interested in tackling some NA books, like me!

My Rating:



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed this one! It's definitely one of the better NA books, and I'm actually very excited for the second book - Faking It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing a lot of reviews for Faking It recently, but I haven't read Losing It yet! I'm so glad to see a review for this one so I can see if I'm interested in the series. Though it looks like I would enjoy it, I'm not so sure how I feel about the whole professor/student thing. Great review!

    -Taylor @ Reading is the Thing 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!