Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 94: Ashes on the Waves

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Name: Ashes on the Waves
Author: Mary Lindsey
Publisher: Philomel/Penguin
Release Date: June 27th, 2013

Add the book on Goodreads

Liam MacGregor is cursed. Haunted by the wails of fantastical Bean Sidhes and labeled a demon by the villagers of Dòchas, Liam has accepted that things will never get better for him—until a wealthy heiress named Annabel Leighton arrives on the island and Liam’s fate is changed forever.

With Anna, Liam finally finds the happiness he has always been denied; but, the violent, mythical Otherworlders, who inhabit the island and the sea around it, have other plans. They make awager on the couple’s love, testing its strength through a series of cruel obstacles. But the tragedies draw Liam and Anna even closer. Frustrated, the creatures put the couple through one last trial—and this time it’s not only their love that’s in danger of being destroyed.

Based on Edgar Allan Poe’s chilling poem, "Annabel Lee," Mary Lindsey creates a frighteningly beautiful gothic novel that glorifies the power of true love.

Goodreads

My Thoughts:
A book based on Poe's "Annabel Lee"? Enough said! Sign me up!

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Poe's Annabel Lee? AHH! I need to read the book, like, now! Yesterday if possible!

    Check out my WoW at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH, I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS ONE EITHER!!! Edgar Alan Poe!!! I'm a Baltimore girl, so I'm a huge fan of this book without reading it. I didn't like Mary's Shattered Souls, but this is a different book, so I'll live!

    Hope we both enjoy this one!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally LOVE that cover!!!

    Thanks,
    Theresa Jones

    Also, feel free to stop by my blog to enter my $100 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! Please follow mine; it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!