Monday, June 17, 2013

BEA 2013 Recap

For the second year in a row, Catching Books was able to attend New York City's BEA event in early June.  I was only able to go for one day, but I had an amazing time and definitely want to try to go for the entire event next year.  I received some great books, spoke with some wonderful people, and was able to meet as well as get books signed by plenty of amazing authors!  Here are just some of the many awesome books that I was fortunate enough to get a copy of at BEA:


Indelible (The Twixt #1) by Dawn Metcalf
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
Ink (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun

Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales by Melissa Marr, Tim Pratt, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Gene Wolfe, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Kami Garcia, Charles Vess, Holly Black, Garth Nix, Margaret Stohl, Saladin Ahmed
The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co. # 1) by Jonathan Stroud
Reality Boy by A.S. King
Independent Study (The Testing # 2) by Joelle Charbonneau

Little Red Lies by Julie Johnston

The Hit (Will Robie # 2) by David Baldacci

Thanks so much to all of the wonderful publishers and authors that I met at BEA! I want to thank you all so much for giving me copies of these awesome books for review :)

It's hard to pick any favorites out of these books, plus I even have a few other adult novels that I also received but was not able to get pictures of.  However, I waited in a super long line to get a copy of Holly Black's The Coldest Girl in Coldtown (I was number 187 in a line with only 200 books), so I ended up reading that as soon as I got home and loved loved loved it (a review will be coming soon!).  Other than that, Indelible has an amazing cover, Heartbeat looks like a great contemporary read, Rags & Bones has short stories by a few authors that I love, Dare to You has received nothing but outstanding reviews, and The Hit is written by David Baldacci, an author who has never disappointed me!

Needless to say, I am beyond exciting to start digging into my BEA books!!

What do you think of what I got?? What did you get this week??  Leave me a link in the comments and let me know if you went to BEA!!

1 comment:

  1. I would loveee to attend BEA once, it sounds amazing. Great books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!