Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 95: Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles # 2)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Name: Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles # 2)
Author: Kresley Cole
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: October 1st, 2013
Add the book on Goodreads

In the second book of the Arcana Chronicles Evie has now fully come into her powers as the tarot Empress. And Jackson was there to see it all. In the aftermath of killing Arthur, the tarot Alchemist, Evie realizes that a war is brewing between the other teens that, following the apocalypse, have been given powers and its kill or be killed. 

Things get even more complicated when Evie meets Death, the mysterious, sexy Endless Knight. Somehow the Empress and Death share a romantic history - one that Evie can't remember, but Death can't forget. She is drawn to the Endless Knight, but is in love with Jack. Determined to discover why she's been granted these powers, Evie struggles to accept her place in a prophecy that will either save the world, or completely destroy it.

Goodreads

My Thoughts:
I was lucky enough to receive an arc of Poison Princess (the first book in this series) at last year's BEA.  I didn't think I would like it at all and started reading it only because I was bored and had run out of other books.  However, I loved loved LOVED it, and it was easily one of my favorite books of BEA and of 2012.  If you haven't yet read the Poison Princess you should absolutely pick up a copy; you will LOVE it, I guarantee.  After my glowing recommendation of the first book, this seems a bit redundant, but I clearly cannot wait for Endless Knight to come out, and am already counting down the days (105!) until October 1st!  Until then, I guess I will just have to settle for rereading the first book, and searching online for any possible teasers of the second!

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. I also didn't think I would like this one but I did. I can't wait for Endless Knight !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I cannot wait :) The first book was so interesting and unique and I'm really curious to see how this one turns out. Even though I'm sensing a triangle coming lol

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A popular pick! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY WE'RE WOW TWINS :D

    But seriously, I cannot wait for this book. If you get an ARC... let me know. I'm not going to ask you to borrow it - but I haven't heard anybody say that they've received an ARC yet, so I was wondering it the publisher was going to have any printed!

    Anyway. Hope we get to read it early! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for the sequel! Especially with the way the first book ended. Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like admitting this, but I still haven't read the first book. I know it's really lame, but Endless Knight does sounds pretty awesome! Nice pick!(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Poison Princess! I'm definitely looking forward to this one too!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!