Saturday, November 30, 2013

Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep # 2) by Zoraida Córdova Review

Name: Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep # 2)
Author: Zoraida Córdova
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
 Release Date: May 7th, 2013
Format: E-Book
Buy the book on Amazon
416 pages


Summary: A storm is coming...

The ocean is a vicious place. Deeper and darker than Tristan could have imagined. Beneath its calm blue surface, an ancient battle is churning —and no one is safe.

In the quest for the Sea Throne, Tristan has already watched one good friend die. Now he must lead the rest on a dangerous voyage in search of the trident that will make him king. But while Tristan chases his destiny, the dark forces racing against him are getting stronger, and the sea witch of his nightmares is getting closer.

Battling sea dragons and savage creatures of the deep, Tristan needs his friends' support. But they each have their secrets, and a betrayal will force Tristan to choose between his crown and his best friend Layla — the only girl he's ever loved.

Goodreads

My Review:
After the ending of The Vicious Deep, I had to get my hands on the second book! Unfortunately we had to wait a whole year for this book to come out, so I was a little rusty on what happened in the first book when I picked this one up. Luckily I was only a little bit confused at the beginning, and overall I really enjoyed this book.

What I really liked about Savage Blue was the plot! It definitely was fast paced and it was nice seeing all of my favorite characters back together again. I also liked how Zoraida made everything so detailed, I could really imagine the different places that Tristan was going to, which made this book more enjoyable. 

One thing that I didn't love about this book was the ending. It wasn't that big of a cliffhanger but I finished this book feeling unhappy. I wish that there was some more action or romance at the end instead of what we were left with.

Overall, I really enjoyed Savage Blue! I thought it was a nice sequel to an awesome series and I can't wait for the next book and to see where Tristan and his friends end up. 
My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!