Monday, November 18, 2013

Switched by Cassie Mae Review

Name: Switched 
Author: Cassie Mae
Publisher: Random House LLC
Release Date: December 2nd, 2013
Format: ARC Copy via Netgalley 
Add the book on Goodreads
240 pages 

Summary:
Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.
Goodreads

My Review:
What a really fun read! I have been in somewhat of a reading slump lately, and with me being in college it is definitely hard to find time to read a book-especially pleasure reading! That being said, with the semester almost over I definitely will try to post more reviews as soon as possible.

Anyways, back to Switched. Switched is one of those books that you would read when you really need a laugh and some good romantic cheesyness. I really liked Cassie Mae's writing style, she made me feel like I really could connect with the characters. I really felt like I could be friends with Kayla and Wesley, and I really thought that was a great thing to have in this story. You want to be rooting for the characters, not cheering against them.I definitely was team Kayla and Wesley during this book.

I also thought the characters developed a lot throughout the story which was great. All of the characters definitely grew throughout the story and became more mature.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book!! It was a really cute read and it was definitely what I need to get out of my reading slump.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!