Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies # 3) by Pittacus Lore Review


Name: The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies # 3)
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: August 21st, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Buy the book on Amazon
360 pages


Summary:
Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .
I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.
But so are they.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York--but I escaped.
I am Number Six. 
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.

Goodreads

My Review:

I really enjoyed this book!  After loving the first one in the series and finding the second one to be not as good, I was happy to discover that I liked The Rise of Nine just as much as I did the first book!

One of my favorite parts of this book was all the different characters coming together.  I loved seeing the powers that each member of the Garde had (such as healing, fire, manipulating the weather, breathing underwater, and even teleportation) and how well they worked together.  I also enjoyed the switching point of views.  This book was told from the first-person views of Four, Six, and Seven, which I thought helped further develop their characters.  With numbers One, Two, and Three dead, this book brought the rest of the nine Garde together, with the exception of the still missing number Five and the addition of Ella, the young number Ten who was brought to Earth by a second ship.

There was a ton of action in this book, which I really enjoyed; it would definitely make for a great film, on the chance that the rest of this series is also made into a movie (the first book, I Am Number Four, is currently a movie, and there are rumors that the second book, The Power of Six, will be turned into a movie as well).  However, my biggest concern with this book was that there really was not much of a plot.  It mainly consisted of the surviving Garde coming together and fighting in some very cool action scenes; it was really just setting up for the next two books, when hopefully they will find number Five and save the planet.

That being said, I cannot wait for the next book!  Hopefully now that most of the characters are together, the plot will be able to develop further past just the action scenes.  If you are a fan of action books, the Lorien Legacies series and this book in particular will not disappoint!


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!