Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Inbetween (Kissed by Death # 1) by Tara Fuller Review

Name: Inbetween (Kissed by Death # 1)
Author: Tara Fuller
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: August 28th, 2012
Format: E-Book ARC
Buy the book on Amazon
400 pages
Thank you netgalley and entangled teen for sending me a copy of this book for review!


Summary:
Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky — and unending — lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.

Goodreads

My Review:
I'm not going to lie..this book was really hard to get through at first, but by the end of Inbetween I found myself liking this book a lot more then I did at first!

One of the main problems I had with Inbetween was some aspects of the plot were so confusing!! I'm the type of reader that needs a little bit of background on some of the characters and I really felt that there wasn't enough information to start the reader off with. Yes, we learn lots about the characters and the reaper world later on in the book, but I think I would have liked this book more if I had more info from the start. That being said, I thought the overall concept of this book really interesting! I haven't read any books about reapers before so it was really cool to learn about the mythology behind it all and how Tara Fuller used it in her story! I do wish that some of the reaper business was explained a little bit better especially during certain scenes. The first half of the book was really slow..but once the action started building up I began to really get into this book and like it a lot more.

Now onto the characters..I wasn't sure what to make of Emma or Finn when I first started reading this book. I think because I was a little bit confused plot wise at first that I couldn't really get myself to love the characters as much. I did find the relationship between Emma and Finn interesting..but Finn was a little bit stalkerish at certain times in the book (lol) but he does it because he cares! I thought that Emma and Finn were really cute at times and I liked seeing their relationship grow throughout the novel.

Overall, I didn't love Inbetween, but their definitely were some aspects that I loved! I think this series really does have great potential and I'm looking forward to book two! If your interested in reading about reapers please check this book out :)

My Rating:



3 comments:

  1. I haven't read it myself yet,but I do plan to. Ive seen some super positive reviews, and a lot like yours, just ok...
    This was a great review though, it makes me curious to see if I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Sarah! Too bad the plot was so confusing >_< I don't think I can handle that as a reader either, but glad that the characters developed through it. I've been rather iffy about this one myself, think I might skip it for now. Thanks for sharing the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the first time ive read a review about this book. I think I got it in my Kindle. I may have to check this one out. thanks for sharing and great review Sarah, xxx

    ficbookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!