Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Name: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: August 14th, 2012
Format: ARC copy
Buy the book on Amazon
366 pages

Summary:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Goodreads

My Review:
Amazingness again!!!! Jennifer L. Armentrout has totally blown me away with Onyx! I didn't think anything would top Obsidian, but Onyx took me on an amazing ride that I couldn't put down.

Where to begin? I absolutely love the main character, Katy (otherwise known as Kitten by Daemon). She definitely has grown up so much from the first book and has become so much more independent then the first time we meet Katy in book one. As the story progresses I felt that she becomes a much more stronger female lead and figures out who she really is. The plot of Onyx was so awesome! Definitely more action packed then the first book which I loved! Some really awesome surprises are revealed that I didn't see coming..which I loved. The fight scenes were really fun to read about..especially since Katy gets more involved in the action. The new characters we meet in this book are really great..and add some great twists to the story! The end of this book AH. Such a cliffhanger!!!! I really don't want to give anything away but you will all be blown away by the ending!

The romance in this book is AWESOME. In Onyx we get to see a totally different side to Daemon..a much more softer side then the first book which was interesting to see. Of course, he always has the best lines, and is soso irresistible! From poking Katy in the back, to crashing in on her date, Daemon is just amazing. He is so swoon worthy, and gorgeous of course! What I love the most about him is that sometimes he can be a bad boy, but deep down he is a softie at heart and cares about his family and Katy so much. He will do anything to protect Katy which is so sweet. I really liked the scenes were he kind of bared his soul to Katy, and especially the times where Katy also bares her soul to him.

Overall, I LOVED Onyx and I can't wait for the next book I am already a huge Jennifer L. Armentrout fan so this book makes me love her work even more. If you haven't read Obsidian...go read it! Please..you won't regret it :)

My Rating:




7 comments:

  1. You know I agree with you 100% Onyx is a fabulous read!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with everything you just wrote! Loved loved LOVED this book!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo jealous! I'll be reading it soon, but haven't yet.
    Great review, you just make me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeppp! so happy that you loved this book Sarah! I knew it!:))) I am dying for the third book! Great review girl! <3

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like so much fun! I could tell what a great time you had reading this book from your review. :) I have to pick it up soon.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED your review! I so can't wait to get a hold of this book - I've enjoyed everything I have read so far by JLA. Thankfully I don't have long to wait now ;)

    Sharon @ Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic review! I can't wait to read this book... and see a softer side of Daemon. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!