Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris Review

Name: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
Author: Rachel Harris
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: September 11th, 2012
Format: ARC Copy
Pre-Order the book on Amazon
304 pages

Thank you Entangled Publishing and Heather for sending me an ARC of this book for review!!

Summary:
On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore.

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?

Goodreads

My Review:
So blown away by this awesome book..it simply was so enchanting! I've always been interested in ya time travel books..especially ones that go back to the past. When I heard that this book takes place in one of my favorite cities I have visited (the lovely Firenze!!), I knew that this would be a book I would so enjoy...and it definitely didn't disappoint!

One of my favorite parts about this book was the plot! Once I started this book it was physically impossible to put it down..I was reading it on my iphone, my kindle, my computer, and any other device that I could read this book on! Rachel Harris uses such fantastic details, that I really felt I was in Florence with Cat, and I could so picture the gowns she was wearing, and the gorgeous places she was seeing! What I really liked the most about the plot was that it was so original and unique..very different than other books I have read before! I also loved how Rachel was able to incorporate different pieces of art into this book! Cat is a HUGE fan of paintings, sculptures, etc. (just like me!) so it was really great to see her seeing some of her favorite pieces (especially ones in the sixteenth century!). It was also fun to see how Cat adjusted to her new life in the sixteenth century. Not only is she adjusting to being without her family and technology, but she also is pretending to be someone else! 

Now onto the romance...oh man! I can so see why Cat fell for Lorenzo..he's soso swoon worthy! He is so gorgeous (and I can really picture him in my head because of Rachel's amazing details!), sweet, and he's an artist! He's such a gentleman too! At first, Cat thinks Lorenzo is such a player but as she gets to know him better (and he soon learns her secret!) they start to fall in love. Rachel Harris definitely keeps the plot exciting by adding in a few twists that keep the reader hanging (which includes an arranged marriage!). What I liked the most is that when Cat goes back to her time, she realizes how much she cherishes her father and her soon-to be stepmother, even though they can sometimes get on her nerve. Going to the past helped Cat find out more about herself and open up to others instead of shutting them out. 

Now the ending...SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!! I seriously can't wait for the next book and I am hoping we will see more of Lorenzo! I highly recommend that you read this book when it comes out next month. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century captivated me from page one, and it definitely is one of my favorite books that I have read in awhile!

My Rating:




8 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading an article that can make people think.
    Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!
    My website - more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned about this book a while back, and had some reservations. I do like time travel books though. I'm so glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I soooo can't wait to read this one! I have it on my Kindle and it's actually quite high on my tbr-pile - and now after reading your review, I want to read it even more badly. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you really enjoyed it! great review!
    follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I should go read this book, then. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like sweet swoon worthy boys! LOL. :) Sounds like a fun, cute book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds awesome! I am going to add it to my TBR list, great review :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!